Lawrence W. Platt, M.D.
||Lawrence W. Platt, M.D.
Adult Eye Surgery & Medical Care
Glaucoma Treatment & Surgery
LASIK Laser Vision Correction
Children’s Eye Diseases and Surgery
Dr. Lawrence Platt has practiced ophthalmology in Racine since 1990. He is also an Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. The residents at the Eye Institute have named him the "Teacher of the Year"on numerous occasions.
He is primarily responsible for teaching them cataract and refractive surgery (LASIK).
Dr. Platt's clinical practice is based in Racine and he maintains privileges at All Saints and Aurora Medical Centers. He also has priviliges at Froedtert Hospital, The Eye Institute and Children's Hospital in Milwaukee.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Wisconsin State Medical Society
- Milwaukee Ophthalmologic Society
- Refractive Surgery Interest Group of the American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- Racine County Medical Society
- Wisconsin Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Phi Beta Kappa, Williams College
- Alpha Omega Alpa, University of Illinois -awarded as a Junior to top 5% of the medical school class.
- Teacher of the Year Award, Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin Six time recipient voted by the ophthalmology resident dos in training
Dr. Platt obtained his Medical Doctorate with honors from University of Illinois. He did his internship at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Milwaukee. He did his residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin/Eye Institute and is Board Certified in Ophthalmology. His wife is a Pediatrician who practices both at All Saints in Racine and Children’s Hospital in Milwaukee. Dr. Platt served for six years on the Executive Committee of the Racine County Medical Society, and two terms as its President. He also served three years on the board of Prevent Blindness Wisconsin and one year as Chairman of their Scientific Advisory Committee. Dr. Platt was a clinical investigator for glaucoma medications developed by Alcon and Allergan. He has published articles in nationally recognized medical journals, and has given numerous presentations at Ophthalmology Meetings.